Commenda di Prè
The Commenda di Prè, a medieval jewel of singular beauty, consists of two overlapping churches. It was built in 1180, at the behest of Brother Guglielmo dei Cavalieri Giovanniti – later order of the Knights of Malta – and became a place of assistance to pilgrims and crusaders in transit from the Holy Land. Enlarged and remodelled in its structure and decoration during the following centuries, it was completely restored and brought back to its ancient glory. Inside, on the ground floor, it contains a single large room with high stone columns and cross vaults, while on the first floor, the wooden ceiling is scattered by stone columns; this space, flexible and multi-purpose, is an ideal location for weddings, gala dinners and private parties.